Re: conformance

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:26:10 -0400
To: W3C Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Gian's explanation helps make it obvious that only two levels are needed
... minimum level for those whose sites have a limited audience and full
compliance for all sites with a general audience or a specific audience
that includes folks with all disabilities.

Government sites have greater reason to be fully compliant than disability
providers (who may target one or two types of disabilities rather than the
full range). Commercial sites that offer services and products to the
general public have greater reasons for compliance than commercial sites
that are just "we are here" sites.

Again, I think we can do it with two uncomplicated levels, one for sites
that aren't open to the public and one for those that are.

                                                              Anne

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com

http://www.erols.com/stevepem