RE: Conformance Ideas -- Collection #1

Gregg,

         I'm still unclear who the audience is for the conformance claims.
If the user has to go to the page (which may be inaccessible to him/her),
and has to find a logo and click on it to find out which checkpoints were
skipped so he/she can't use the page, is this of any help to the user?

         Which search engines are capable of reading metadata and conveying
the information to the user?

         Consider a user who needs illustration to understand text? How
will the conformance claims help such a user locate a bank, for instance,
that uses illustrations in to guide user through the desired banking steps?

                                                 Anne