Re: Conformance Ideas -- Collection #1

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:58:55 -0400
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

         I'm a bit confused as to how conformance is reported or asserted?

         If it is inserted as metadata, how is the information provided to
the user? By reading the source view of a page? If the information isn't
provided to the user, for whom is it intended?

         I don't think that A+7 tells anyone anything about what is and
isn't complied with. I would much prefer two divisions, A, for the minimum
requirements, and double A for meeting all requirements. It will be easier
to monitor, and easier for the page author to understand.

At 11:47 PM 10/7/01 -0500, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>1.1.  We have layers of conformance (A, Double A, Triple A).

Anne Pemberton