Re: Suggestion for List Posting

There seems to be a problem with use of Reply. It sets the "To:" function
to the person who posted instead of the list. I think this is set up in the
general list option on replies. If this is do-able for this list's
software, it should be done so that a  replies automatically return to the
list instead of the individual poster. This is the only list I'm on that I
routinely receive two copies of each post ... (it's a terrible nuisance
when I read mail from school and have to plow through all the double posts
to find what's really new).

                                 Anne

At 10:30 PM 9/30/01 -0500, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>A favor please.
>
>If you are answering a post from the list - and you are responding back
>to the list,  -  Please don't RESPOND TO ALL.
>
>Just include the GL address in the TO: line (unless you are listing
>someone who is not in the GL working group).       All you do is end up
>sending 2 copies to everyone on the list of names in the TO field who is
>also on GL.
>
>Thanks
>Gregg
>
>-- ------------------------------