Re: Tone

I would like to see discussion about a concrete proposal.  If you need to
do the appropriate research to write success criteria, examples,
definitions, and checkpoint text, then please do so.

I am not saying if there is not consensus on "item X" then we can't discuss
"item X". That's what the group is for: to come to consensus on
issues.  What I am saying is "provide a concrete proposal for item X, then
we can discuss it and determine the consensus about item X."

I do not think you will find the expertise on this list.  Therefore, I
think you should do the appropriate research to write a proposal and then
submit one to the list.

This is something everyone on the list needs to learn to do - do some
research, construct a concrete proposal, then submit it to the group for
discussion.  We need to focus on moving through the issues with WCAG 2.0 so
that we can produce a robust deliverable in a reasonable amount of time.

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium