Re: WCAG 1.0 CP 6.1 Considered Harmful

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Sean B. Palmer wrote:

> perpetuating a myth that all browsers must render HTML with a default
> stylesheet,

I'm sorry, I'm unable to understand you on this point.

Are you imputing that there are some browsers which, if the author
doesn't supply them with any kind of stylesheet, will refuse to render
HTML at all?

Or is it that you're objecting to the idea that the "default
stylesheet" might be just an abstract concept that's built-into the
rendering mechanism of some browsers, without being a tangible
"stylesheet" as such?

Please don't interpret this as an attempt to be strident - I'm
honestly at a loss to interpret your meaning.

best regards