Re: how/what

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:53:38 -0700
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>, WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 07:28 PM 9/20/01 -0400, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>If the author provides the flexibility in presentation and structure, it
>is immaterial whether or not they are separated

I believe that the idea is that "providing the flexibility" is another way
of stating what is meant by "separating" them. The problem in older HTML
versions is that there are elements that don't permit ascertaining the
semantics of the presentational content.

If items on sale are indicated only by their color/font then the
information that they are on sale is unavailable to someone who can't
determine that there's different visual presentation.

As to needing a shave, perhaps your precocious student could see the
picture of me on the "Peter" site? Of course Santa doesn't shave! (I get a
lot of Santa Claus takes from little kids in supermarket lines).

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY