Re: Mail order catalogues was Re: Cognition Simulation

Jason W wrote:
>I think it would greatly facilitate the discussion if participants
>were to avoid making assertions to the effect that the W3C/WAI is
>having trouble accepting the need for graphics.

It would be a great improvement if W3C/WAI set an excellent example, as well
as advocating via the various wcag guidelines. For instance by dramatically
increasing its use of graphics, at least on some part of the site, in common
with the vast majority of websites, at least the ones I visit...
I don't believe this was mentioned in the 2 points made although I've been
discussing this online with others for quite a few years. Perhaps I
misunderstood Jason's meaning? Certainly there has been very little effort
to demonstrate the guidelines.
Indeed it is only recently, as I understand it that examples of excellence
are being considered, as links.

It is only by trial and error that a great result will be achieved, and it
is certainly late to be sticking a toe in the water.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory