Re: Cognition Simulation

At 08:32 PM 8/27/01 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>For those wishing to review a series of cartoons without text bubbles
>http://www.peepo.com/alf/cartoons.html might be helpful.
>http://www.demian5.com/005.html in particular is an easily understandable
>story.
>It is not essential for picture stories to have a direct correlation with
>text.

My point was that if you have cartoons with text bubbles, it is often hard
to understand them just based on the images. And cartoon are quite extreme
in having images. So having a lot of images may still not get the point
through when the issues are complicated enough.

But someone else already said the same thing: we need more detailed
instructions for making the images so that they communicate what needs to
be communicated. in each case. And what is it that needs to be
communicated? Clue of what the domain of the document is or the domain of
each part of the document? The parts and the whole? The main ideas, so that
users can get some understanding just by following the images? Or something
else?

Marja