RE: Mail order catalogues was Re: Cognition Simulation

Was anyone arguing that images weren't part of the process? If so, I missed
it.

What I thought Marja said was that images alone weren't sufficient. And most
of the time, this is entirely true. In fact, it is so obviously true, that
it's pointless to discuss it. Just as it's obviously true that images and
text work better than text alone.

I suggest that we agree as a group to the following:

1. The use of multiple, redundant modes of communication (text, images,
audio, video, etc.) is more effective than the use of any one mode alone.

2. Web sites that use multiple, redundant modes of communication are
generally more accessible to a wider group of users than Web sites limited
to a single mode.

If anyone disagrees with this, please speak up now. If no-one disagrees,
then can we stop this thread and agree never to restart it? We have bigger
fish to fry than to rehash this non-debate endlessly.

Chas. Munat