RE: Disability Type Analysis of WCAG 1.0

Anne wrote:
> And, next time you're surfing, look up Net Etiquette and
> save yourself some embarrassment. (Advice from the nearly elderly, ignore
> as you please! <grin>)

I guess I'm a stubborn person, but I don't do things just because that's the
way they're always done. So I have been experimenting with ways to improve
the scanability of plain text email (maybe I should have been more up front
about this). The use of occasional all-caps text seemed to present an
opportunity to make key phrases easier to find without sounding like too
much shouting. I wondered if it would work. It appears that it didn't.

On to the next attempt.

As for embarrassment, I'm not embarrassed by my informal experiment. I am a
little embarrassed, of course, at being pilloried: first by being called
condescending and tiring, then by being mocked with "Chas mode," and finally
(I hope) by being told to learn more about net etiquette. It seems to me
that if the intent was simply to get me to abandon my experiment, it could
have been done off-list as easily. Perhaps I earned this public scorn,
perhaps not. Either way, I guess I'll have to take it like a person. And I
will. And it will make me stronger, more determined! And thus emboldened I
will go forth and persist in my lonely quest for truth, justice, and the
Chas way.

Chas. Munat

(When I said "Don't take me too seriously," I was serious!)