RE: Disability Type Analysis of WCAG 1.0

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 12:07:01 -0700
To: "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Kynn:
> The correct use is to say "will our guidelines give the wrong
> impression about the importance of different disabilities to a careful
> reader of them?"

Yes, but the way to do this is to look at the Guidelines as a whole, not to
single out the checkpoints and imply that they are the problem. The
checkpoints either address the needs or they don't. The place to provide a
clear picture of the various needs being addressed is in the Introduction
and supporting material.

Chas. Munat