RE: Disability Type Analysis of WCAG 1.0

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:48:10 -0700
To: "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
From the IG list:

"Dear Kynn,

"Contrary to others who think your analysis might indicate that you have
too much time on your hands, I am delighted with what you have done.  It
shows a true system approach to the real-world issues, going beyond the
purely technical or regulatory view.  Thanks so much for this."

Counting guidelines is hardly a "true system approach to real-world issues."

Expect more of this. With cross-postings, this whole thread may open up a
can of worms. Will we eventually be pressured to "close the guideline gap"?
Will groups demand that they have equal guideline representation?

I hope not. But it gives one pause to think of where this all could lead:
lots of wasted hours having to explain over and over again why the number of
checkpoints does NOT reflect the degree to which a particular group has been
served.

Chas. Munat