RE: Data models?

The model is a grammar that generates data structures as instances of that
model.

The web is a graph of resources connected by URI-references embedded in the
resources.

The model only knows from resources, URIs and URI-references.

The structure is all the growing expanse of site-full Internet.

Not the same thing.

And if you look carefully at Gregory's proposed changes to 1.5, you will see
the same distinction.  The model means you can recognize structure in the
data.  A data structure says you present the data in the structure.

In HTML tables, there is a tree structure in which the data is presented,
and a
matrix structure in which it is to be interpreted.  Maybe that's a clearer
example.  Columns are implicit structure in HTML tables, they are not part of
the data structure until you know the model.

Al