RE: In defense of flame wars

From: Paul Bohman <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:19:31 -0600
To: "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>, "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The discussion of differing viewpoints is productive. The absence of common
courtesy is not.

Differing opinions in a diverse group are desirable. Flame wars are not.

Personality conflicts are inevitable. Personal insults are not.

We have a common goal as a workgroup. We need to articulate our opinions,
support the opinions of those with whom we agree, present alternative
solutions when we do not agree, and always consider actions that move us
toward our common goal, rather than actions that sabotage the effort.

Paul Bohman
Technology Coordinator
WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind)
www.webaim.org