Re: WCAG In Haiku; From William's Terse Version; Hope These Are Helpful

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:30:41 -0700
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 09:42 PM 8/22/01 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>Why don't we just wrap up GL and all go down the pub instead?

I already did. Perhaps those of us who are in Seattle on Tuesday night (11
September) will go to the outstanding Chinese place that Charles Munat
correctly recommended so highly and wrap up GL in some hand-shaved noodles?
Katie can see to it that the U.S. Government continues to respect their
"508 ladies" and similar actions will occur all over the world.
Legislators/administrators don't care from 1.x or 2.0! We can all write
individual "guides to the guidelines" and pool the royalties for a really
big party.

This will have the further side-benefit of not requiring a rewrite of ATAG
and there'll even be enough for the UA WG to join the fun and not even
worry about moving from "proposed" through "candidate" towards the probably
unachievable "final" recommendation process.

As the '60s query might be paraphrased "suppose they gave a recommendation
and nobody came?" The war was over when various regulatory entities began
treating WCAG 1 as the marching orders for an 800 pound gorilla.

Off to the effort to make information truly ambient!
http://uwimp.com/info.htm

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY