Re: WCAG In Haiku; From William's Terse Version; Hope These Are Helpful

At 02:03 PM 2001-08-22 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Yep. I actually thought this was cool as a way of making me look carefully at
>what is there, too. (I guess you got to as well, writing them). Although I
>suspect that a spec written in haiku would be too different for people to
>readily approach it as a real spec.

AG:: Sure, but there is a question as to whether that's the question.

If you can win them over [with brevity and wit] on _whether_ to do it, and
your
hints can show them _how_ to do it, is it really essential to frame a
definitive statement of _what_ to do?  That's the charter; but is it our best
option?

Do we need a "real spec," or is that a formula for a papyrus dinosaur?

Iss a puzzlement.

Better put:  What do we need _more_ at the moment?  Something more real as a
spec, or stuff that is more real as accessible web content?

Al

Note:  "Iss a puzzlement."  The King says this memorably in "The King and I."
That's why the double 's.'

>cheers
>
>Chaals
>

>On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>
>  thanks Sean,
>  a bit of humour goes a long way, and you've covered a few of the angles in
>  an alternative format.
>  congratulations
>
>  jonathan chetwynd
>  IT teacher (LDD)
>  j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
>  <http://www.peepo.com/>http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still
the
best picture directory
>  on the web"
>

>--
>Charles McCathieNevile
<http://www.w3.org/People/Charles>http://www.w3.org/People/Charles  phone: +61
409 134 136
<http://www.w3.org/WAI>http://www.w3.org/WAI    fax: +1 617 258 5999
>Location: 21 Mitchell street FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia
>(or W3C INRIA, Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex,
France)