RE: A PROPOSAL TO SPLIT THE WCAG IN THREE.

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:38:42 -0700
To: "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
(I've shortened the subject because I was beginning to feel too serious.)

Al Gilman wrote:
"My own 'modest proposal' on document scopes has been that the next round of
documents should unify work across the areas that we divided out as document
topics in the previous round.  Rather than dividing by author tool, content
model and encoding, and user tool divisions, we should attack specific
functional areas where we feel the technology and our advice as to how to
use
it is under-performing, and address them on an end-to-end basis giving
coordinated suggestions in all of the above areas as a bundle."

I reply:

So if I read you correctly, instead of this:

Author
	Functional area
	Functional area
User