Re: Paper "Designing for users with cognitive disabilities"

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:19:20 -0400
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Kynn,

         No it hasn't, but it's an excellent site. The opening page is
obviously designed to be used by people with cognitive disabilities, tho
much of the information on what these people need is just in text. But the
information confirms what I've been saying for a long time - that the most
basic need to accommodate these people is illustration in the form of
graphics and sound files.

                                                         Anne

At 02:46 PM 8/7/01 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>I forget, has this been posted to the working group list yet?
>
>      http://www.otal.umd.edu/UUPractice/cognition/
>
>"Designing for users with Cognitive Disabilities"
>Kanta Jiwnani Department of Computer Science
>University of Maryland
>College Park, MD 20742 USA.
>kanta@cs.umd.edu
>April 2001
>
>Does anyone know Kanta Jiwnani and would it be a good idea to invite
>her/him to participate in our working group?
>
>--Kynn
>
>--
>Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
>Technical Developer Liaison
>Reef North America
>Accessibility - W3C - Integrator Network
>Tel +1 949-567-7006
>BUSINESS IS DYNAMIC. TAKE CONTROL.
>http://www.reef.com

Anne Pemberton