Request to Join

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:57:09 -0700
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Given Name: Charles (F.)

Family Name: Munat

Email Address: chas@munat.com

Office Telephone Number: 206-985-8681

Employer/Organization: Munat, Inc., but also a student at the University of
Washington working in the areas of Linguistics and Computer Science

Indicate whether your organization is a W3C Member: No.

Areas of expertise:

[x] develop Web content on a regular basis,

[x] work with people with disabilities who use the Web,

[x] instruct people on developing Web content,

[x] have general usability, development, or accessibility knowledge

[x] I have read the WC Guidelines Working Group Charter (Rev. Date:
2000/11/27 23:48:57) and agree to the participation criteria therein with
the following caveats:

1. As a student I may be unable to attend face-to-face meetings due to
schedule conflicts or monetary constraints. I am, however, available for the
next meeting (to be held a fifteen minute drive from my home). I will
attempt to attend others if they do not conflict with my class schedule and
if I can meet the costs of travel and lodging.

2. I will attempt to participate in all weekly phone meetings provided
meeting times do not conflict with my class schedule (I can usually
eliminate work-related conflicts, but can't change my class schedule).
Monetary constraints may also limit my participation if meetings run long.

3. I have rearranged my schedule (finally) to permit me to offer 5
hours/week reasonably consistently toward the goals of this group.

Intellectual Property Rights:

[x] To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization does not have any
IPR claims regarding guidelines for the accessibility of Web content.