Re: guideline 7.1 about screen flickering (fwd)

Marja,

         Seems we are very close to agreement here. The concerns you
mention, such as monitoring the visual presentation of a web page as well
as the metadata and text tags, needs to be addressed in the techniques for
the guideline, not in the guideline itself. The guidelines say to separate
presentation and content, but don't provide advice on what you need when
you recombine them on a web site, as for a visual presentation, audio
presentation, etc.

         Yes, you will always find badly designed sites, and some of the
worst are those that address web accessibility!  And some of the best are
found from the most surprising sources (see my comments this morning on the
gold mine on the AFB site for pictures of Helen Keller).  The solution to
badly designed sites, unless they are educational or government, is to not
use them .... if they are educational or government, it's worth complaining
about. The guidelines will never prevent bad design, but if the guidelines
prevent a badly designed site from claiming to be accessible if it excludes
too many people by its design. Remember, if the graphic isn't there, no
matter how badly presented, the user can't choose to use it .... Period ...

                                                 Anne