"Fixed" Print Versions (was: wichita state's usability resources)

At 8:52 PM -0400 2001/7/27, gregory j. rosmaita wrote:
>which is, in fact what you've done at http://kynn.com/resume/ where you
>offer your resume in 3 flavors: "web", "print", and "xml" -- which, i
>suppose, means you're still in the running for the highly coveted
>positions i have to offer...

Whew!  That's a relief!  :)

BTW, since I can't stop talking about my employer these days (for some
reason), I should probably add to this discussion the idea that one of
the alternate interfaces in the "first cut" of our UI library generates
a PDF file for printing upon request.  (E.g. a link saying "PDF file
for printing" or whatever.)  It's also a fixed format -- although it
eliminates the navigation and stuff -- but is also one of several we
provide including more accessible versions.  This is a valid approach,
right?  (BTW, the interfaces in the "1.0 UI library" are "screenreader",
"palm/pda", "WML/WAP phone", "PDF", and something else...oh, yeah!
"Graphical browser.")

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>