"Fixed" Print Versions (was: wichita state's usability resources)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:56:20 -0400
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>
Cc: WAI Cross-group list <wai-xtech@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 8:52 PM -0400 2001/7/27, gregory j. rosmaita wrote:
>which is, in fact what you've done at http://kynn.com/resume/ where you
>offer your resume in 3 flavors: "web", "print", and "xml" -- which, i
>suppose, means you're still in the running for the highly coveted
>positions i have to offer...

Whew!  That's a relief!  :)

BTW, since I can't stop talking about my employer these days (for some
reason), I should probably add to this discussion the idea that one of
the alternate interfaces in the "first cut" of our UI library generates
a PDF file for printing upon request.  (E.g. a link saying "PDF file
for printing" or whatever.)  It's also a fixed format -- although it
eliminates the navigation and stuff -- but is also one of several we
provide including more accessible versions.  This is a valid approach,
right?  (BTW, the interfaces in the "1.0 UI library" are "screenreader",
"palm/pda", "WML/WAP phone", "PDF", and something else...oh, yeah!
"Graphical browser.")

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>