Re: guideline 7.1 about screen flickering (fwd)

Greg,

         Thanks for these links. They are VERY illustrative. I am not
photo-sensitive, so I stayed and stared at the demos, all of them together,
and each of them individually, set at full screen on a large monitor. I do
not usually use the web at full screen unless I can't see enough of a page
... (my working style) ... At first I thought there was no effect, perhaps
because the contrast between blue and white wasn't enough, or because a
relatively small part of the screen was actually flashing. After about five
minutes, I clicked off, and within a few minutes suffered a visual
distortion and slight mental disorientation that is just now fading some 30
minutes after I got off the site.

         So, I'd say the guy made a good demonstration, and his warning for
those who are sensitive to such effects to not experiment with the site, is
necessary.

         I think we should include the parameters for the cautionary range
of flash in the sufficiency criteria somewhere in the guidelines.

         One thought that comes to mind. Do we need to look at the
cumulative effect of flashing on a screenful of animations which may each
individually be OK? Is it possible to measure that?

                                                         Anne