RE: photos and participants

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:36:11 -0400
To: "'Wendy A Chisholm'" <wendy@w3.org>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

	I'll be happy to help with the cut and paste on the photos .... Just got a
package from UPS which should include a CD drive to install, and a disk
with some enhancements to my photo software ... waiting for the temps to
equalize before getting out the screwdriver and breathing deep that I
install it correctly ...

	Anyone who is shy of their photo on the web can ask to have the photo
included with an "effect" that reduces recognition - perhaps blurring the
face, doing an embossment, reducing to a pencil drawing, plus whatever else
can be done with the new software .... No, I can't erase wrinkles, they add
character and reality <grin>

	Interesting side note.... I've been following the academic applications of
virtual reality for the cognitively disabled for many years - the equipment
 is very pricey .... today took favorite nephew out to buy his 10th
birthday gift, and came home with a Virtual Reality helmet, glove and ankle
set for about $25, that has him learning Ninja Kick Boxing at such a level
that he is feeling the exercise (he's an electronic couch potato!)!
 Fascinating the applications of technology which suggest where the web may
be someday ....

Anne Pemberton

On Friday, July 20, 2001 7:14 PM, Wendy A Chisholm [SMTP:wendy@w3.org]