RE: [CSS-TECHS]

I agree: the reminder that separating structure from presentation
helps make sites ready for the new generation of emerging and
still-to-come technologies (cell phones, talking car browsers, etc.)
often gets web authors' attention, and sometimes helps them make the
cost-benefit argument to their bosses. So this aspect of
device-independence is perhaps worth mentioning in the techniques,
even if it's just an aside.

By the way, did anyone hear Douglas Rushkoff's commentary on National
Public Radio last week about people seeking out WAP sites with their
graphical browsers, because the no-frills WAP versions are easier and
pleasanter to use? Interesting.
http://search.npr.org/cf/cmn/cmnpd01fm.cfm?PrgDate=7%2F9%2F2001&PrgID=2

Jo

--