From: Wendy A Chisholm [mailto:wendy@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 11:39 AM
To: Joel Sanda; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject: RE: !important

Hello,

Results for IE 5.5:

IE 5.5 for Windows gives the user's !important precedence over the author's
!important.  However, it only takes effect after opening a new page; a
refresh doesn't make all of the changes.

I used the attached user style sheet to look at Joel's example page.  Since
he only declared font-size as important, that's the only thing I can't
change w/my style sheet with a page refresh. Once I  open it in a new page
i get the smaller font and the serif font-family (rather than arial as he
defined).  Changes in text color take effect with a page refresh.

--wendy