Re: DTD for techniques documents

So, the things I think would be useful:

list your elements/attributes, and write a comment about what tehy do. (then
we can put that into Sean's schema.

Tell us if there is any reason not to change the href-type things to
xlink:href (otherwise I propose we change them, as Sean did).

keep thinking about this...

I would like to be able to swap techniques or technique fragments across WCAG
and ATAG. But I am going to remain with XHTML as ATAG source for some time,
so I will need to have an appropriate XSLT to do the transforms, and
appropriate markup conventions in teh techniques document to make that work.
(Incidentally this will enable people to write their techniques in this XML
vocab and give them to us to include in ATAG, or enable us to change over
anytime we move to editing in XML, which is a medium-term goal).

Chaals

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001, Matt May wrote:
CMN
  > I think the content of the description element might as well be HTML, or be
  > done by using namespaces to include HTML/MathML/whatever. This could be
  > achieved by modularisation I think...
MM
  Modularization is something I tried and tried and tried, unfortunately, and
  it didn't function properly with any of the editors I tried. Hence the
  hacked-up HTML block. I'd have preferred to use the %Flow.mix entity just
  about anywhere in the document.
new:
Hmm. Maybe someone else out there can make it work. Or maybe we go for
well-formedness and namespaces (and schema-valid?) instead. Is this
constraint driven by editing tools?

CMN
  > I don't understand why category is a container element - it seems more likely
  > that it should be an attribute to me. (please explain?)
MM
  The original DTD was write-optimized, for selfish reasons. I put category in
  to absorb category introductions and organize original 1.0 techniques in
  their categories, rather than worrying up front about multiple inheritance
  issues or building multiple hierarchies. I avoided XLink namespaces because
  I wasn't thinking that far ahead.