Re: New Guideline proposal was: Re: Some more thoughts re 3.3 etc.

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 16:33:08 -0500
To: "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, "Jeff Isom" <jeff@cpd2.usu.edu>, "WCAG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

	My understanding was that 508 was based on P1 level of Guidelines 1.0, not
the version currently under discussion. There were no substantive
provisions for cognitively disabled in version 1.0. It is my sincere hope
that version 2 will correct that oversight and allow 508 to be updated

	I wonder if the politicians who support 508 would have done so if they'd
any glimmer of an idea that any group, especially the cognitively disabled,
are dis-included from government-supported web accessibility?

Anne Pemberton