Re: class definitions and grouping - example 1

At 04:32 PM 3/12/2001 +0100, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 9:31 AM -0500 3/12/01, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>>I often use the definition below for images and their captions. I though
>>it enhances accessibility and makes it easier to change styles.
>
>I can see how it would help with styles.  But I'm not sure exactly
>how it would help with accessibility.

These are some things I had in my mind when doing this:

- also a nonvisual user knows that the image and the caption text are
related - the caption is not just another paragraph
- user can ask to see caption and alt text together if images are not displayed
- user can use classes in his stylesheet to change the type/ color etc. of
the caption so that it is easier to find search for them when visually
browsing through the text or use the class to browse through them by using
braille or speech
- user who want's to read the text first can skip the image and it's
caption and then come back to it later
- if user gathers images to a list he can also gather their captions

Marja