Re: Layout tables

Kynn Bartlett writes:
 > There are huge, vast amounts of things which are commonly done with
 > web pages which don't even begin to come close to being captured
 > in any version of XHTML.

This is where the Web Content Guidelines working group can provide
input to PF, and through it, to the HTML working group: we should
attempt to document some of the structures which aren't presently
available in XHTML, but which are common idioms of web development
practice, so that the most important of these can be put forward for
possible inclusion in XHTML 2.0.

As we develop our HTML-specific techniques and receive input from
other groups, we should keep track of web page components that we
think would be better served by custom markup. Those which are
ubiquitous and well defined are good candidates for inclusion in some
version of XHTML, especially if they would provide enhanced semantics
which serve the aims of accessibility (improved navigation, improved
presentation across multiple devices, etc.).