Crawling ants?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 05:23:12 -0800
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 01:00 PM 3/6/01 +0200, Lisa Seeman wrote:
>"minimize" and not "do not use" so that you can have alert boxes or other
>necessary distractions.

Repeat after me: "user-controllable".

"Guideline 2. Design content that allows interaction according to the
user's needs and preferences" - checkpoints may need crafting and
techniques might be elaborate, but the *principle* is what we should keep
in focus. If a user's environment would be ruined by crawling ants, but
must still permit fire alarms, then we deal with that in techniques for
achieving *needs* (P1) and *preferences* (P2/P3?).

LS:: "The problem is concentrating or following and not interaction."

WL: IMO "interaction" is still OK because diverting one's attention to
ants/spiders/fireworks is clearly interactive. Thus
"concentrating/following" are interactions in the sense used here.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE