Frames techniques

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 21:33:28 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Following a diuscusiion in the IG, I propose that the example at
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#frame-names be updated to provide a
name attribute that is at least meaningful. It is also important to have a
name attribute if the frameset is to be referenced - for example a navigation
frame wants to update a different frame.

From the current example:

<FRAMESET cols="10%, 90%"
          title="Our library of electronic documents">
    <FRAME src="nav.html" title="Navigation bar">
    <FRAME src="doc.html" title="Documents">

I suggest that we update that to read

<FRAMESET cols="10%, 90%"
          title="Our library of electronic documents">
    <FRAME src="nav.html" name="navigation" title="Navigation bar">
    <FRAME src="doc.html" name="documents" title="Documents">

(I suggest that we also rewrite it into XHTML - a fairly trivial fix that we
could get Tidy to do for us).

Cheers

Charles McCN