Re: Call for review of WCAG 2.0 draft

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:31:17 -0800
To: "Steven McCaffrey" <SMCCAFFR@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 11:00 AM 2/15/01 -0500, Steven McCaffrey wrote:
>In other words, are you trying to get the reader to create the tree or to
>traverse an existing one?

Yes! It's not an "or" thing.

Steven's comments about generalization are well-taken and in our
discussions have become tacit. They are of course written for "people like
us" to some extent because if someone happens to arrive via surf-board with
no previous knowledge of any of this stuff it's just "too bad". By which I
mean that these are *guidelines/checkpoints* and hopefully later
techniques/examples for people concerned with this rather specialized
field. A few people can "fill in the blanks" in an "of course" fashion just
from reading the guidelines while others can "get it" at the checkpoint
level, but on the whole the practical consequences will ensue from being
able to use the techniques as a sort of recipe set.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE