Re: Suggested addition to 1.1

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:40:13 -0500
To: "Anne Pemberton" <apembert@erols.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> How does this simple and elegant solution to minimizing image downloads to
> users  pose a problem for disabled human users? Seems to solve the problem
> of low vision users who want to see the picture at their use level, make
> the picture available to be printed easily, and allows the use of detailed
> photos to illustrate the page.
Anne,
 I am not sure I understand what you are asking about here? If you mean the
link directly to an image file that I said could be a violation, I think you
answered the question yourself, there is no way to attach alt or longdesc
information if you do that. On the other hand, you can wrap some very simple
html arond it and allow the alt information.
In a way, linking directly to an image file is like linking to a PDF
document which has been created as just an image.
Marti