Re: Colorblindness references

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:46:37 -0000
To: "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "Dick Brown" <dickb@microsoft.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
> "Get over thinking that color/contrast issues don't contain
> semantic elements." [...] "If you write what you mean rather
> than what you want done with it, it can be repurposed so
> much better."

It would be nice if people thought about what their color schemes mean. The
other side of the coin is that if their color schemes have no thought
behind them at all (rare), then they can't be repurposed. But then that's
just bad design, and not really accessibility. The point is that there are
some things with semantics that it is hard to express in a device
independant way... I suppose a technique would be to fully describe a color
scheme with a title on a style sheet link. Maybe PF could ask for a
longdesc in there somewhere :-)

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer