20 January 2001 Working Draft of WCAG 2.0 published

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:28:00 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello,

The latest working draft is available from:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20.  If there are no major objections we will
request this document be published as a public working draft on Tuesday, 23
January 2001.

I have included the list of changes in this message and they are also
available at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/change-history.html

I have also updated the checkpoint mapping:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/2001/01/20-mapping.html

List of changes to this draft. These edits are the result of discussion at
the 18 January 2001 telecon:
       Edited Guideline 1 based on Ian's suggestion.
       Edited text immediately following Guideline 1.
       Edited Checkpoint 1.7 to replace the phrase "transform gracefully."
       Edited Guideline 2 per Ian's suggestion.
       Edited Checkpoint 2.2 - replaced use of word "focus". Also edited
supplementary text.
       Added an Abstract.
       Deleted the WAI logo (no W3C working draft includes the domain logo
at the top).
       Brought the copyright up front.
       Added Appendix B: Contributors.
       Edited the "Priorities and techniques" section per Judy's suggestions.
       Made sure the following phrases were used and capitalized
consistently throughout the document: Working Group and Working Draft.
       Updated the checkpoint mapping.
       Moved the icon from checkpoint 1.1 to checkpoint 3.4 and use it as
an example.
       Edited the first sentence of the Introduction to make clear that
the draft's purpose is for feedback rather than internal discussion by the
Working Group.

--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium