Re: Another stab

William,

I like this, it's very simple and straightforward - and with images.
yahoo.  I like this as a top layer.  The checkpoint text in the draft I'm
about to release is still cumbersome or possibly confusing at times.  At
any rate, we'll have to see how to synch these up.

Based on the theory that people misinterpret checkpoints because they only
read the checklist, if we used shorter catch phrases or provided a
Guideline Guide instead of a checklist, people would have to read a bit
more about what we're saying - they would have to touch the next
layer.  Although, would this satisfy the many people who use the checklist
on its own, ala Dick Brown's experiences at Microsoft? He has talked about
taking just the checklist to developers.

It's something to consider, although probably not something we will change
too much before we push this draft out for the public eye.  I propose we
add this question to the open issues list.  Unless, we package the
Guideline Guide, the Guidelines w/checkpoints, and the Checkpoint map
between 1.0 and 2.0 for our first public draft.

most excellent work geeze.
--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm