Re: Structure of the guidelines: four options to consider

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 05:45:12 -0800
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Cc: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 11:32 PM 1/8/01 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>publish any version you like, rather than delay

Second the motion.

Here's a tersified list:

1. Device Independent (don't need screen/mouse/sound/+)
2. User-controlled (full choice interaction)
3. Comprehensibility (clarity/simplicity/discoverability)
4. Compatability/Interoperability (standards compliant)

Once the decision is reached about whether it's important to, e.g. hold
that #4 can't be swallowed whole by #1 then we can get it on. I believe the
distinction between those two is arbitrary and that's why we have Jason as
"arbiter".

I entrust my proxy to him.

--
Love.