Re: List of Technologies

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:54:00 -0500 (EST)
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
cc: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hmmm. I figure I am the resident purist. And I thought I already said that I
think we will have to write about different flavours of HTML, including those
that are not W3C Recommendations. (one reason is that it is perfectly
legitimate for a tool to produce something according to a propritary doctype
- e.g. a different modularisation of XHTML, or simply a different DTD and
mark it as such. There are tools that do this already.)

cheers

Charles McCN