Re: Accessibility vs. consideration X: how to handle

At 1:26 PM -0500 1/2/01, Al Gilman wrote:
>Yes, but I am not keen on creating large lumped labels at this time.  I
>want to
>know _how_ it is believed to cost too much, or how it is believed to degrade
>intellectual property rights management to an unacceptable degree.  Consider
>the cost claims concerning the Olympics web site.  Were those real?

To be honest, I think they might have been "real".  Naturally they
were expenses that could have been avoided due to doing it right in
the first place, but it is true that "retrofits" are _always_
costly.  $2M and nearly a year's worth of person-hours may indeed
be reasonable if we're talking about a complete overhaul of an
inaccessible web site.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>