Re: 3.7 in 1?

William,

	I see an ocean of difference between telling people to supplement text
with graphics than to merely say that content should be presentable
"visually". If we move it to Guideline 1 (where I would indeed like to see
it), we need to strengthen the concept of visual as meaning both text and
graphics, rather than lumping the two as if they were one. People who are
inclined to think/use text in lieu of graphics and vice-versa need to know
about the importance of both.

					Anne

At 09:12 AM 1/2/01 -0800, William Loughborough wrote:
>Is there any sentiment for including the matters in 3.7 "Supplement text
>with graphic or auditory presentations where they will facilitate
>comprehension of the content" into guideline 1 "Design content that can be
>presented visually, auditorily or tactually, according to the needs and
>preferences of the user."
>
>One possible aim is to differentiate the notion of "content" from the
>purely "text" connotation we've been focused on?
>
>Love.

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling