Re: Breaking the Techniques "Writer's Block"

At 08:06 AM 1/2/2001 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Techniques are marked according to the things for which they are relevant.
>(At the moment this is done using classes inside an HTML source, but if it
>gets too big I will use external RDF).
>Then the various documents are generated by splitting out a relevant
>collection.

Charles, that is not a bad idea, but one of my chief concerns here
is tracking and accountability.  I feel that things work better if
they are put in the hands of responsible people -- the more the
better -- who take "stewardship" of a given set of information and
who work to ensure that the information is complete and accurate.

I think that right now we are somewhat "stalled" (despite making a
great deal of philosophical progress) in terms of creating
documents, which is our primary goal here.  I think that by all
(or most) of us getting involved and rolling up our sleeves and
working on -specific- tasks, we can get the fires stoked up and
get back on track.

I also think that the size of information for WCAG 2.0 is larger
than that necessary for ATAG -- because we are planning to deal
with a number of different technologies (XHTML, SVG, SMIL, HTML,
CSS, etc) in parallel.  Separating out those parallel streams
into separate tracks just makes the most sense to me.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Sr. Engineering Project Leader, Reef-Edapta       http://www.reef.com/