Re: Breaking the Techniques "Writer's Block"

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:54:07 -0000
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, <wendy@w3.org>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
> I think it's time that we start looking at developing technology-
> specific techniques documents in parallel with the guidelines.

I fully agree.
FWIW, here is my attempt at a more definitive list of techniques documents
than the one Kynn gave:-

Techniques for:-
- XHTML
  - CSS Style for XHTML
  - XHTML m12n
  - XHTML for XML Pure UIs?
- {XML (DTDs)
- XML Schemas}
  - CSS Styling for XML
- SVG
- SMIL
- MathML?
- WML?
- Scripting langauges (ASP/PHP/CGI)?
- ECMAScript???

In regards to XHTML, maybe it can be split up according to priority levels
(if any) for WCAG 2.0. In other words, a Techniques document for "priority
1", one for "priority 2" etc.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.