Re: Accessibility vs. consideration X: how to handle

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 05:39:09 -0500
To: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
It seems like what we are reaching for here is something along the lines of
the "undue burden" clause in the ADA.  The ADA defines undue burden in terms
of a % of cost and allows some exceptions for things like historic sites.
Can we classify the "consideration X" issues into a few broad categories
like:
     undue risk to intellectual property
     more than x% of the total cost of the website
marti