RE: Revising 2.4

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:56:23 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
If we incorporating Anne's suggestion this would become:

2.4  If at all possible, allow the user to control or do not limit the time
that a user may need to
understand or interact with your content.
	* When a time limit cannot be avoided, move as much content
	  and interaction as possible out of the time-limited segment.
	* Provide disabled users with a means to bypass or extend
	  any remaining time limit.
	* Use delayed refresh or redirection only when necessary to
	  bring superceded content up to date.
	* Content must cooperate with user agent mechanisms for
	  preventing motion (including flicker, blinking, flashing,
	  auto-scrolling etc) and for control of the rate at
	  which motion occurs.

-- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Depts of Ind. and Biomed. Engr. - U of Wis.
Director - Trace R & D Center
Gv@trace.wisc.edu, http://trace.wisc.edu/
FAX 608/262-8848
For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu

I'm leaving for Europe in a couple of days; I may be unable to connect
regularly while traveling, but I'd like to give 2.4 another shot
before the face-to-face in Amsterdam. I've tried to incorporate the
discussion to date. My current draft:

2.4  If at all possible, do not limit the time that a user may need to

--
				Adam Reed
				areed2@calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.