Re: Updating 2.4, re-revised

My conclusion, after reading all the messages in this thread, is to leave
2.4 as it was since we are giving user's control of how long they need to
interact with the content.  It is not feasible to say don't limit the time
at all.

Gregg, Adam included flicker in his proposal since it is in the current
WCAG draft under checkpoint 2.4.

in the 20 January 2001 draft it says, "2.4 Give users control over how long
they can spend reading or interacting with content.  Mechanisms that
required a timed response include:  automatic
refresh,  redirection,  flicker,  blinking  This can be satisfied by
providing an option to deactivate automatic updating, or to control the
rate at which it occurs. User agents may also offer control over this
effect. Note that flicker effects can cause seizures in people with
photoepilepsy.  "

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm