RE: Updating 2.4, rewritten

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 17:33:33 -0500
To: "'Adam Victor Reed'" <areed2@calstatela.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi

I'm not sure we should take this approach (a do not use timeouts).   There
are reasons for doing this (security is one) and we shouldn't prohibit.  I
think we should adopt the approach used by UA and most other places... that
of giving a warning and allowing extra time.     There is a complication
with HTTP....   But maybe something could be written into a page....

Thoughts anyone?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Depts of Ind. and Biomed. Engr. - U of Wis.
Director - Trace R & D Center
Gv@trace.wisc.edu, http://trace.wisc.edu/
FAX 608/262-8848
For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu