RE: WHat makes Icons accessible or not?

Hi all,

In my opinion, humble although based on 9 years of university studies, the
best option is the second series of icons that I find perfect from a
conceptual and iconographic point of view, the best thing that has seen for
a long time.

Just as William has said, so that an icon ends up being such, the
fundamental thing is that it is popularized. But if when he speaks of the
"market" he refers to this list, it is evident that the market prefers the
first series. In spite of I will expose it my reasons to prefer the second:

Objective public: It is a specialized public, the document he/she doesn't go
to the public in general.

Homogeneity: So much in the graphic style as in the "language" that is used
to transmit the information. The second series maintains the homogeneity.

Size: The second series has a standard size of 32 x 32 (the first one not).
The ideal thing would be to get that design in 16 x16.

The color: The second series is more discreet. If what is wanted is that
besides for what represents the image it is easy to distinguish the icons
for colors, you can use a color bottom.

I have created a page to show the difference among the two options:
http://www.sidar.org/iconstatag/iconstatag.htm

And it follows me seeming more appropriate the series without bottom color,
because the same as when the third series is used, it is too attractive and
it can end up tiring the view.
Defects that I find in the other two series:
The first series presents little homogeneity, it is seemingly simple but it
really contains too many lines.
The second, the size believes that it is more appropriate, but the icons 2,
3 and 4 are less clear and direct semantically speaking.

I hope these observations are useful.

Regards,
Emmanuelle