Re: "CC/PP"

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:26:44 -0700
To: Adam Victor Reed <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 05:43 PM 4/24/2001 , Adam Victor Reed wrote:
>You are right, ccpp does seem to be more applicable here than content
>negotiation. What is the current status of ccpp? Is there a working
>apache module or other implementation available?

I don't -think- so.  I wish there were, but I unfortunately have
neither the time nor the programming skill to implement it.

And of course, until some browsers start SENDING CC/PP profiles, it
is not of much use -- yet.  So the call goes out to unite behind
CC/PP, talk it up, raise the profile, get people interested!

I was on the CC/PP working group at one time, exactly because of
the accessibility implications, and I have high hopes for such an
aid to adapting content.  I just wish that we could get it in the
spotlight more and get some progress going on it!

--Kynn

PS:  Reef has plans, in the future, to include a CC/PP implementation
      in our Reef EveryWare software -- but that is probably a year
      off, at least.

PS2:  I have started a dialogue with some of the people at Reef
       responsible for our web site and hope to see some changes;
       I won't guarantee that they'll be all that _I_ want, but
       hopefully we can make it better.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison