Re: Green Fingers

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:47:29 -0700
To: "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 3:41 PM -0700 4/23/01, Matt May wrote:
> [...]

WCAG is seeking to define an approach or approaches that allow
everyone access.  WCAG 1.0 favored a "universal solution" by
mandating "all pages must have <x> and <y> to be accessible," but
WCAG 1.0 has been a failure in a number of key areas.  WCAG 2.0,
I hope, will be able to embrace a broader set of solutions than
merely demanding that you have an overloaded single interface which
users are expected to deal with regardless of how well it works
for them.

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison
Reef North America