Re: Green Fingers

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:47:29 -0700
To: "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 3:41 PM -0700 4/23/01, Matt May wrote:
> [...]

WCAG is seeking to define an approach or approaches that allow
everyone access.  WCAG 1.0 favored a "universal solution" by
mandating "all pages must have <x> and <y> to be accessible," but
WCAG 1.0 has been a failure in a number of key areas.  WCAG 2.0,
I hope, will be able to embrace a broader set of solutions than
merely demanding that you have an overloaded single interface which
users are expected to deal with regardless of how well it works
for them.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>